Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Brittany Marie Heronimus

As I sit here trying to find the right words to type, I have decided it best just to let them flow. See this is one of those post that I can't find the exact structure I want, or the perfect words to say, but I know that the feeling I'm experiencing now need to be documented. See in really now one day I will walk down the aisle to my best friend and become his bride. I am feeling joy, absolute joy knowing that this is the one god has planned to be my husband. I am feeling stress as the biggest day in my life so far is quickly approaching. I am a little sad knowing that all the time and effort we have put into this will soon be over. My heart is a little heavy as it becomes more and more real that I will no longer be BRITTANY MARIE HERONIMUS. 

Heronimus, is more than just a name, it was a choice. I chose to take on the last name of the man who was willing to raise me as his own. I chose to represent him every where I went. I chose to forsake my given name in order to honor him. It's not just a name, but yet the biggest example of love I could ever show my daddy. And yet in one short day it will be over and I will take on a
new last name. 

Wilson, the name that I practiced writing a million times. The name that represents our future family. Yes he was raised a Wilson, but now it is time to start our own Wilson family. I don't feel as though I am only taking on his last name, I feel as though we are creating our last name. We, together as a unit, are the Wilsons now. 

Saturday is the biggest day in our lives to date. But the best part is we have so many amazing big days to look forward to. We get to experience every victory and defeat together. We get to laugh and cry our way through the years, as the Wilsons. So tonight I maybe just a little sad that's all coming to an end, but Sunday will be the first day of the rest of our life. I cannot wait to be MRS BRITTANY MARIE WILSON.  

No comments:

Post a Comment